Poems, thoughts, ideas, ponderings, rants, etc.



The Big Field at Stratford Park on a Sunny Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Memories
arising like sulfur
from the ashes
of a volcanic dream.

I've been here before,
swimming through fields
of sunshine-filled
imagination.

Scream
             at the sky,
             at the days.

I want
        a reason,
        a purpose.

That's why I came here.

Somewhere to belong.
Somewhere for old memories to belong,
building up into something more
than they can ever live up to.

Falling into time.
Feel the drowning.
Feel the drowning.

...drowning in sunshine
and trees
and
        ...time...


I feel
like I'm returning back
to an old, comfortable
dream.

I feel
       the uncontrollable,
       the days,
       all the words
                            left unspoken.

I feel dreams
as they unfold
like a new day.
                                       an imaginary day
                                        left dancing in the long grass

Forms - thought forms,
unfolding, expanding,
like arms.......................embracing the sky.

And...
dreams are only thoughts,
and thoughts are only dreams,
and
memories are the heart and soul,
beating deep down
beating deep,
deep down...

Feelings, unspoken in unknown places,
on the edge, peripheral,
always ---------------------------------------------- just slightly out of reach

This is where the magic is.
This is where
the magic
is.


This is
where dreams unfold,
where flowers grow
and then die
in quiet corners of fields.

This is the place,
where nobody goes,
where all the unsaid words ............................ sit whispering in the corner

This is where
all the still-born and aborted dreams
lay buried,
decomposing in the dark soil
beneath old forgotten trees.

The faint smell drifts across the hills
as I am drawn towards the distant view
and
I feel like I'm back where I belong
yet again.

I always end up back here,
like a bird
flying home for the summer,

And
it's never looked so perfect,
it's never looked so
swim in time and upside-down and
flowers in the sky and distant views of
past and future and present moment expand up beyond
and blades of long grass swaying so hot so touching eyes and breeze
and forest hidden deep dark sky between the leaves
and days so lost...

just
let it go...

let it all drift away
on the breeze...

....................................

Note:
I wrote this back in the summer, and left it sitting on my computer for six months. If you understand what it means, please tell me, because I'm not entirely sure. Bits of it actually made me chuckle.

|

My Other Blog: Sun-kissed

About me

  • I'm Marcus
  • From Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
  • My profile

Contact Me: mejc@mejc.demon.co.uk

Stay Updated:

Google Groups
Subscribe to MEJC
Email:
Visit this group

Previous posts

Archives

Links








    Photoblogs.org
    British Blog Directory.
    blog search directory
    VFXY Photos

    Link With Us - Web Directory


    Webfeed (RSS/ATOM/RDF) registered at http://www.feeds4all.nl
    feeds2read